Nexus Treatment Programs Connect with Troubled Children and Adolescents
The Nexus treatment model delivers individualized cognitive behavioral therapy and a rich treatment culture to help troubled children and adolescents eliminate the problems that have become barriers to healthy emotions and behavior.
Our Minnesota, Illinois, and Maryland residential treatment centers use programs centered on themes, décor, language, and phases to create behavioral therapy programs that encourage lifelong learning and growth through the context of relationships.
Our residential programs use individual, group, and family therapy to help youth focus on behavioral and emotional issues, improve social skills, and develop an improved sense of responsibility and caring for the needs and rights of others.
Our treatment teams include psychologists, psychiatrists, case managers, sexuality and family therapists, chemical health specialists, recreational and vocational counselors, and medical staff.
The recidivism rate for youth who successfully complete a Nexus treatment program is well below the national average.
Aftercare services focus on continuing support, specialized foster care, and in-home counseling services.
- Boys and Girls
- Hard-to-Place Adolescents with Multiple Placement Failures
- Co-morbid Axis I Conditions, such as Developmental Delay and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), as well as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome,
Autism, and Disruptive or Impulse-Control
Behavior Disorders (IQ 50-70)
- Harmful Sexual Behaviors
- Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Cognitive Disorders
- Chemical Dependency
- Eating Disorders as a secondary condition
- Family Relationships
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Anxiety Disorders
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Self-Harm/Self-Mutilation/Cutting Behavior
- Learning Disabilities, and
- Patterns of Abusive Behavior