Nexus Minnesota Foster Care
Providing Foster Care to More Children in More Minnesota Counties
Nexus Minnesota Foster Care is delivered in 52 of 87 Minnesota counties by Kindred
Family Focus, the largest private foster care provider in the state, serving more
than 262 youth daily.
Kindred Family Focus is a private foster care agency licensed by the Minnesota Department
of Human Services under Rule IV to license homes and place youth whose special needs
cannot be met by their primary caregivers.
We provide personalized care plans for youth and families throughout Minnesota and
are creative and passionate about providing quality services for children and their
families. We provide coordinated program services for youth in placement and work
to ensure successful permanency options, whether that means returning home or becoming
part of a new family.
- Trauma-sensitive care
- Permanency solutions for youth
- Foster care as close to home as possible
- Statewide referral network
- Stable home environment for youth and families in placement
- Supportive care for families in crisis
- Individualized and flexible placement options
- High-level care for youth with serious emotional, behavioral, or health concerns
- Specialized foster care homes
- State-of-the-art technology to keep youth and families connected
- Partners with the community
- Our mission of “Changing Lives Through Our Cornerstone Values” is woven into everything
- We provide a continuum of services to help youth and families recover, rehabilitate,
and reintegrate to live happier, healthier lives.
- Our foster families receive extensive in-house training.
- Ongoing training focuses on the most recent outcome-based interventions to serve
youth with complex mental health needs and specialized symptomology
- Mental health and trauma-informed care are integral to everything we do.
- All of our families are trained in First Aid, CPR, and crisis management (alternative
- Nexus Foster Care specializes in transitioning youth from residential treatment
to planned foster care placements.
- We get the family involved while the youth is in residential placement, and we follow
through by establishing the appropriate aftercare services to ensure lasting success.
- Preplacements, prior to actual discharge to foster care, are used at no charge to
- It is our goal to create a seamless integration of services from residential placement
to foster care.
- Nexus Minnesota Foster Care programs engage in continuous quality improvement to
monitor customer satisfaction and outcome data.
- Practice meets Minnesota DHS foster care expectations.
9766 Fallon Avenue NE, #101
Monticello, MN 55362